|Related Categories||Alternative Energy, Materials Science, Membranes More...|
|composition||styrene, 29 wt. %|
|sulfonated styrene units, 55-65%|
|concentration||5 wt. % in 1-propanol and dichloroethane|
|density||0.8 g/mL at 25 °C|
Can be cast into a film with a conductivity of 7x10-2 S/cm in the fully hydrated acid form. Films have good optical transparency.
Fuel cell membrane, electrochromic uses, biosensors and anti-thrombogenic and endothealizing coatings.
25, 100 mL in glass bottle
To cast a film:
1. Concentrate solution to 600 centapoise viscosity (typically 6-9 wt.% polymer).
2. Preheat the casting surface to 35 °C. A clean, flat PTFE-coated glass surface is recommended.
3. Secure a silicone release liner to the casting surface.
4. Place a small drop of the polymer solution on the release liner.
5. Draw the polymer solution down the release liner.
6. Dry the film for 30 min. For controlled evaporation it is recommended to cover surface with aluminum foil that has been perforated with small pinholes.
Customers Also Viewed
20 wt. % in lower aliphatic alcohols and water, contains 34% water
average Mw ~89,000 by GPC, powder (Coarse)
average Mw ~118,000 by GPC, powder
melt index ~21 g/10 min (230°C/5.0kg)
Certificate of Analysis
|Symbol||GHS02, GHS05, GHS07, GHS08|
|Precautionary statements||P201-P210-P261-P280-P305 + P351 + P338-P308 + P313|
|Hazard Codes (Europe)||F,T|
|Risk Statements (Europe)||45-11-41-67|
|Safety Statements (Europe)||53-16-26-39-45|
|RIDADR||UN 1992 3/PG 2|
|Flash Point(F)||59 °F|
|Flash Point(C)||15 °C|
Fuel cells have the potential to reduce the nation’s energy use through increased energy conversion efficiency and dependence on imported petroleum by the use of hydrogen from renewable resources. Th...
Nancy L. Garland, Thomas G. Benjamin, John P. Kopasz
Material Matters 2008, 3.4, 85.
Keywords: Automotive, Catalysis, Combustion, Degradations, Diffusion, Electronics, Ligands, Mass spectrometry, Phase transitions, Reductions, Renewable energy, Separation
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?