|Related Categories||Aldrich, Aldrich Distillation Equipment, Aldrich Distillation Traps, Dean-Stark Glass Distillation Traps, Distillation Supplies,|
|Joint||Joints: ST/NS24/40 (2)|
|reservoir capacity||8 mL|
Designed specifically for azeotropic distillation using solvents heavier than water (e.g., chloroform). The 8 mL reservoir version is specifically designed for small scale azeotropic distillation of valuable solvents using heavy water. 2 mm bore PTFE stopcock and 300 mm overall height.
The Modified Dean-Stark Technique (see Fig. 1)
1. Solvent vapors condense and collect in the receiver
2. The modified Dean-Stark trap separates the two components
3. The heavier than water layer sinks to the bottom of the trap leaving the water on top
4. The solvent is forced back through the inside tube and returned to the boiling flask
5. The upper water layer is drained out through the 2 mm PTFE stopcock
Aldrich is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
Customers Also Viewed
Joint: ST/NS 14/20
capacity 12 mL, Joint: ST/NS 14/20
capacity 325 mL, Joint: ST/NS 24/40
Joints: ST/NS 29/32 (2), reservoir capacity 8 mL
Joints: ST/NS 24/40 (2), reservoir capacity 35 mL
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?