Synonym: 2,6-Di-O-methyl-β-cyclodextrin, Dimethyl β-cyclodextrin
|Related Categories||Analytical Reagents, Analytical/Chromatography, Biochemicals and Reagents, Capillary Electrophoresis, Carbohydrates,|
Impurities are over-methylated homologs, primarily hexakis(2,6-di-O-methyl)-
Reactant involved in:
• Physicochemical studies of inclusion complexes1
• Probing diffusion and single molecule interactions with reconstituted membrane proteins2
• Interactions with micelles causing micellar rupture3
• Studying cellular transport, used as a cell penetration enhancer4
• Physicochemical and biopharmaceutical improvement of drugs5 particularly with solubilization and stability6
• Interactions with cholesterol7
3. Selective interaction of 2,6-di-O-methyl-Î²-cyclodextrin and Pluronic F127 micelles leading to micellar rupture: a nuclear magnetic resonance study. F. Castiglione, et al., J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 9005-9013, (2011)
6. Z. Liu and Q. Wan, Zhongguo Yiyao Gongye Zazhi 41, 666-670, (2010)
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?