|Related Categories||Alphabetical, Biochemicals and Reagents, Fluorescent Probes, Labels, Particles and Stains, Fluorescent Stains, Molecular Biology,|
|shelf life||≥6 mo. (when stored at room temperature and protected from light)|
|fluorescence||λex 280,450 nm; λem 610 nm|
Protect from light.
SYPRO Ruby protein gel stain is a ready-to-use, ultrasensitive, luminescent stain for the detection of proteins separated by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE). This stain, designed especially for use in 2-D PAGE, has proven to be an excellent choice for 1-D PAGE and isoelectric focusing (IEF) gels as well. SYPRO Ruby protein gel stain attains sensitivity comparable to many silver stain techniques. However, unlike silver staining, the SYPRO Ruby gel stain:
• uses a simple staining protocol, with no possibility of overstaining
• delivers a linear quantitation range of over three orders of magnitude
• shows less protein-to-protein variability
• stains glycoproteins, lipoproteins, calcium-binding proteins, fibrillar proteins, and other difficult-to-stain proteins
• will not stain extraneous nucleic acids
• does not interfere with subsequent analysis of proteins by Edman-based sequencing or mass spectrometry
SYPRO is a registered trademark of Life Technologies
Certificate of Analysis
Certificate of Origin
|Personal Protective Equipment||Eyeshields, Gloves, half-mask respirator (US), multi-purpose combination respirator cartridge (US)|
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?