|Related Categories||Electrophoresis Supplies, Equipment, Gel Visualization and Documentation, Labware, Molecular Biology,|
|feature||wavelength 312 nm (only)|
|viewing area area||20 cm × 20 cm|
For visualization of ethidium bromide-stained nucleic acids and similar fluorescence detection systems.
• Single-band and dual-band units available. All include 312 nm (midrange UV) bulbs, which corresponds with the fluorescence excitation maximum of ethidium bromide. Fluorescence intensity is enhanced, while photobleaching and photonicking of stained nucleic acids are reduced. Dual band units also include 254 nm (shortwave UV) bulbs
• Six 15 W or four 8 W bulbs illuminate the viewing area uniformly
• Intensity selector: Switch between 100% for reading/photographing gels and 70% for preparing/cutting gels
• Cooling fan: Helps prevent thermal damage to both the samples and the glass filter
• Long life filter is highly resistant to solarization; unlimited life at 312 nm and above 3000 hr at 254 nm
• Built-in hinged UV safety screen
Please refer to the Labware Safety Equipment section found on this website for clothing and eye protection suggestions.
Transilluminators are powerful sources of ultraviolet radiation which can cause serious damage to unprotected eyes and skin. Always read the product manual before operating the unit.
Customers Also Viewed
BioReagent, for molecular biology, powder
Replacement bulb, midrange UV
wavelength, 254 ‑ 312 nm (selectable), AC input 110 V, 60 Hz
wavelength, 312 nm, Compact Table, Dual intensity
Replacement Bulb, Midrange UV, fluorescence λem 312 nm
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?