Synonym: harris micro punch, harris punch, micro punch, whatman punch
|Related Categories||Electrophoresis Supplies, Gel Handling, Harris, Labware, Manufacturer Browser,|
|mfr. no.||Whatman Article No., 29002412 (US reference)|
|packaging||pack of 1 (with cutting mat)|
Multi-purpose sampling tool for standardizing samplings sizes of DNA blood cards to 1.2 mm in diameter.
It is a coring tool designed for simultaneous sample extraction, collection and storage in one operation. Rockwell hardened, hand sharpened tips, are designed for long shelf-life and precise repeatable samples with accurate delivery placement.
• Recommended for the precise punching of FTA Cards
• No sample carryover when recommended procedures are used
• Tips provide up to 2000 punches
• Polished steel tip is case hardened and can be sterilized
• The cutting mat ensures clean sample cuts and extends the life of the cutting tip
• 1.2 mm punch recommended for use with FTA Cards containing whole blood and samples with high DNA content
• 2.0 mm punch recommended for use with FTA Cards containing buccal cells, plasmids, plant, and other samples with lower DNA content
• 3.0 mm punch recommended for use with FTA Elute Cards
The Harris Micro-Punch consists of a razor sharp cutting tip designed to cut, retrieve and store cored samples from source materials such as tissue, gels, paper, cloth, leaves, paint chips, films or other thin substrates. Ideal for tissue processing or forensic applications.
Tips are machined from 440c stainless steel that is heat treated to Rockwell Rc 58 hardness and then individually sharpened to a razor edge for a long cutting life.
Tips are available in diameters ranging from 1.2 to 3.0 mm. The plungers consist of a knob-screw assembly made from injected molded, high tech, lubricated plastic to eliminate sticking with a 440c stainless steel ejection rod and spring. Each Harris Micro-Punch is sold with a protective plastic tip cover.
Customers Also Viewed
L × W × D 8 in. × 6 in. × 1.5 mm
complete, I.D. 1 mm, plastic, pack of 1 (with cutting mat)
complete, I.D. 2 mm, plastic, pack of 1 (with cutting mat)
replacement tip, I.D. 3 mm
replacement plunger, O.D. 3 mm
Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.
Need larger quantities for your development, manufacturing or research applications?