Functional Genomics & RNAi
miRNA Research Tools
Complete microRNA Solutions for Screening, Identification and Validation
microRNA (miRNA) is a functional RNA molecule that is not translated into a protein. MicroRNAs are involved in many cellular processes, gene regulation and disease states such as cancer. Sigma is proud to offer a variety of tools that enhance miRNA research.
MISSION miRNA Human Mimics
mirPremir™ microRNA Isolation Kit
- Optimized for purification of miRNA
- Fast 30 minute protocol
- Highly pure miRNA with no large RNA
MISSION Synthetic and Lentiviral miRNA Inhibitors
- Designed using a proprietary algorithm based upon the Tough Decoy (TuD) design1,2
- Allows for potent inhibition of the desired miRNA
MISSION miRNA Target ID Library
- Enables functional identification of biologically relevant mRNA targets regulated by microRNAs
- Greater biological relevance compared to miRNA target prediction algorithms
- Human cDNA library cloned downstream of a fusion construct allowing positive and negative selection
MISSION 3’UTR Lenti GoClone
- miRNA target validation using a luciferase reporter construct
- Over 10,000 3’UTRs in lentiviral vector
- Enhanced luciferase reporter for more efficient validation of functional miRNA targets at the 3’UTR region of gene
- Haraguchi, T., et al., Vectors expressing efficient RNA decoys achieve the long-term suppression of specific microRNA activity in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res., 37, (2009).
- Haraguchi, T, et al. A potent 2’-O-methylated RNA-based microRNA inhibitor with unique secondary structures. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Apr;40(8):e58. Epub 2012 Jan 17.