MISSION miRNA mimics are small, double-stranded RNA molecules, designed to mimic endogenous mature miRNA molecules when transfected into cells. miRNA are known to regulate gene expression in a variety of manners, including translational repression, mRNA cleavage and deadenylation. MISSION miRNA mimics utilize a proprietary design to minimize potential sense strand off-target effects.
- Human miRNA mimic library based on miRBase ver. 17
- Optimized and ready for transfection
- Novel MISSION miRNA mimic design has been functionally tested for knockdown efficiency against natural miRNA targets
- Unique design significantly reduces possible sense strand off target effects
- Available as a whole human library and individual miRNA targets
- Human miRNA Mimic Library
Product number: MI00200
miRBase Version 17 coverage including 1,902 miRNA mimics
Library is available in 96 well format. (Two outside columns, 1 and 12 are empty, for the addition of controls)
Each miRNA mimic provided at 0.25 nmol/well
2 non-targeting miRNA controls are included on each plate
- 1,902 individual miRNA mimics (5 nmol/mimic) are available and typically ship within two business days
- 2 miRNA Negative controls
- Custom target sequence design available for a variety of species, including the current miRBase version content
- MISSION Synthetic miRNA Inhibitors
miRNA Ordering Information
Easily find your MISSION miRNA target by inserting your gene of interest into the search box below.
To search by miRNA name or accession number, please use our main search box at the top of this page.
Custom miRNA inquiries
- Please contact your local Sigma-Aldrich Sales Representative
- Email us at email@example.com
- Dial (800) 234-5362 choose option 3: ext. 1831
Product listings for miRNA mimics
Request a Quote or More Information
MISSION microRNA mimics significantly reduce known gene target express. HeLa cells were co-transfected with MISSION miRNA mimics and psi-CHECK2 Dual Luciferase Reporter Construct (Promega), containing corresponding miRNA target sequences. Constructs contained full length 3'UTR sequence specific miRNA sequences (100% complementary to the mature miRNA). The MISSION miRNA mimic negative controls are non-human miRNAs, predicted to not target the human genome/transcriptome.
Reduce Sense Strand Off-Target Effects
MISSION miRNA mimic design was tested to measure possible passenger strand off-target effects. Passenger strands of the miRNA mimic were either designed by traditional siRNA design (siDesign) with (+) or without (-) chemical modification, or by MISSION miRNA Mimic Design with (+) or without (-) chemical modification. Reporter constructs contained targets that were ~95% complementary to the passenger strand sequence. The MISSION miRNA mimcs use a proprietary design and chemical modification to effectively reduce off-target effects.
Selected citations for miRNA mimics
- Humphreys, D.T., et al. Complexity of Murine Cardiomyocyte miRNA Biogenesis, Sequence Variant Expression and Function. PLoS One. 2012. 1-18.
- Sun, L, et al. Low-dose paclitaxel ameliorates fibrosis in the remnant kidney model by down-regulating miR-192. J. Pathol. 2011. 255(3). 364-377.
- Schultz, N. et al. Off-target effects dominate a large-scale RNAi screen for modulators of the TGF-ß pathway and reveal microRNA regulation of TGFBR2. Silence 2011, 2:3
- Collino F., Deregibus M., Bruno S., Sterpone L., Aghemo G., et al. (2010) Microvesicles Derived from Adult Human Bone Marrow and Tissue Specific Mesenchymal Stem Cells Shuttle Selected Pattern of miRNAs. PLoS One 5:e11803.
back to miRNA hompage
back to top