Genetic Engineering that is Right on Target!
Introduction to TargeTron
The TargeTron Gene Knockout System ( TA0100 ) is a revolutionary method for rapid and specific disruption of genes in prokaryotic organisms. Utility of the technology has been demonstrated for prokaryotic genetic engineering, systems biology and functional genomics approaches.
- Targeted and permanent gene disruption
- Simple, streamlined protocol; Knockouts in 3 days or less
- Minimal screening to isolate mutants
- >90% successful targeted insertion
- No specific host factor requirements
- Pre-screen your target sequence on the TargeTron Test Site
Detailed Description and Algorithm
TargeTron Test Site
TargeTron Design Site
User Guide (1.1 MB PDF)
pACD4K-C Vector Sequence (7.7 KB TXT)
Updated License Agreement (86 KB PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
TargeTron has been validated in multiple organisms; however, work to adapt the system to other organisms is ongoing and data will be provided as it becomes available.
Below is an easy guide to materials needed for or that complement the TargeTron Gene Knockout System.
This product and its use are the subject of one or more of U.S. Patent Nos. 5,698,421, 5,804,418, 6,027,895 and 6,001,608.
back to top