Ammonium sulfate is an ammonium salt commonly used as fertilizer. It can be synthesized by neutralizing sulfuric acid with ammonia. It is reported to enhance the phytotoxicity of several herbicides like glyphosates. It is formed as a co-product during the manufacture of caprolactam, a precursor of nylon.
Ammonium sulfate may be used in methyl cellulose precipitable tannin assay to examine wine tannin in finished wine samples. It may also be used in making externally mixed aerosols for analyzing the 1 × 3 tandem differential mobility analyzer (1 × 3-TDMA), which is mainly employed for determining the irreversibility of the hygroscopic growth factor of aerosol particles.
Características e benefícios
- Increased efficiency – Eliminate time and effort of loosening hardened powders
- Safety –Avoid risks of using tools of force to break up clumps
- Economy –Faster preparation and solvation increase productivity and reduce costs
- Assured quality –Excellent, expert-tested quality with no anti-caking agents
- Flexible volumes –Available from research amounts to scale-up quantities
ReagentPlus is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
Redi-Dri is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC