HEPES has been described as one of the best all-purpose buffers available for biological research. At biological pH, the molecule is zwitterionic and is effective as a buffer at pH 6.8 to 8.2.
Pharmaceutical secondary standards for application in quality control, provide pharma laboratories and manufacturers with a convenient and cost-effective alternative to the preparation of in-house working standards.
These Secondary Standards are qualified as Certified Reference Materials. These are suitable for use in several analytical applications including but not limited to pharma release testing, pharma method development for qualitative and quantitative analyses, food and beverage quality control testing, and other calibration requirements.
- HEPES has been used in a wide variety of applications, including tissue culture.
- It is used to buffer cell culture media in air.
- Finds its usage in invitro experiments on Mg.
- Recognized as one of Dr.Good′s recommended buffers, used in some cell culture media as a buffering agent and also in various biochemical reactions.
- Recently, in the production of radiopharmaceuticals, it is the buffer of choice for scientific labeling.
HEPES may also be used as:
- Component of homogenization buffer to homogenize adipose tissue for liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry and in HN buffer for dissolving viral stock titer after dot blot hybridization.
- Pharmaceutical reference standard for the determination of the analyte in bulk drug and pharmaceutical formulations by high performance liquid chromatography.
Nota de análise
These secondary standards offer multi-traceability to the USP, EP and BP primary standards, where they are available.
This Certified Reference Material (CRM) is produced and certified in accordance with ISO 17034 and ISO/IEC 17025. All information regarding the use of this CRM can be found on the certificate of analysis.
Nota de rodapé
To see an example of a Certificate of Analysis for this material enter LRAC3253 in the slot below. This is an example certificate only and may not be the lot that you receive.