Hydrochloric acid solution (HCl solution) is mainly used to adjust the pH in cell culture medium.
It can also be used:
- In the extraction of elderberry anthocyanins by endothelial cells.
- To convert iron(III) perchlorate to Fe(III) ions which can then form a complex with acetohydroxamic acid (FeAHA).
The hydrochloric acid solution has been used:
- to acidify the surface water sample and to prevent interference from carbonate concentrations up to 10 mg L-1 with organic carbon detector (OCD) detection
- to adjust the pH of complete transfection media for transfection with chitosan/pDNA nanoparticle complexes
- to prepare artificial tear solution (ATS) to incorporate the fluorescently tagged cholesteryl ester