Filter Code: IEVH
Immobilon-E is the first PVDF membrane for Western blotting that can be wetted with with aqueous transfer buffer. This eliminates the alcohol pre-wet step required with other PVDF membranes.
Primary Binding Mechanisms: Electrostatic, hydrophobic
This 8.5cm x 10m roll offers 1-cut convenience for standard mini-blots (7 x 8.5cm) and midi-blots (8.5 x 13.5cm). It works with the optional Immobilon NOW Dispenser (catalog number IMDISP).
- the only PVDF membrane that wets out in aqueous buffers, eliminating the methanol pre-wet step.
- 45 µm pore size recommended for most Western blotting applications, especially proteins greater than 20 kDa
- Compatible with chemiluminescent and chromogenic detection
Immobilon® PVDF membranes are offered in four types, each optimized for a different protein blotting application. Convenient blotting sandwiches feature pre-cut sheets of membrane and blotting filter paper. Immobilon PVDF membranes have high protein adsorption, so you won’t lose proteins during transfer or reprobing. The open pore structure makes it easy to access bound proteins and remove unbound probes.
Features & Benefits:
- High protein binding provides stronger signal
- Won’t crack, curl or fracture when cut
- Low background
- Superior staining capabilities
- Can be stripped and reprobed multiple times