The Immobilon®-FL transfer membrane has a nominal pore size of 0.45 μm and is made up of polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) microporous membrane for binding proteins transferred from a variety of gel matrices. This membrane is hydrophobic and offers a uniformly controlled pore structure with a high binding capacity for biiomolecules. The membrane exhibits very low autofluorescence across a wide range of excitation/emission wavelengths. This property makes it ideal for blotting applications involving fluorescence-based immunodetection. In addition, the Immobilon®-FL membrane can be used for standard chemiluminescent or chromogenic detection. The Immobilon®-FL is recommended for optimal blotting of proteins with molecular weights greater than 20,000.
Immobilon®-FL PVDF Membrane has been used in western blotting.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for optimal fluorescent immunodetection
- Extremely low background improves the sensitivity of all fluorescence detection protocols
- suitable for all commonly used fluorescent probes at all excitation and emission wavelengths
- compatible with standard blocking agents and buffers
- Ideal for multiplexing and chemifluorescence detection
Immobilon is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany