X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent is an innovative reagent that forms a complex with DNA or RNA and efficiently delivers the nucleic acids into animal or insect cells. With improved utility, X-tremeGENE™ 360 delivers high efficiency transfection in more cell types with low cytotoxicity.
X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent is a high performance transfection reagent, free of animal-derived components.
- Designed to transfect a broad range of eukaryotic cells, many cell lines not transfected well by other reagents, and hard-to-transfect cell lines, such as asK-562 and HepG2.
- Can be successfully used in a variety of applications, such as gene expression analysis using transiently transfected cells, generating of stable cell lines, expression of siRNA for gene knockdown studies, and CRISPR gene-editing tools.
- Produces minimal cytotoxicity or changes in morphology when adequate numbers of cells are transfected, eliminating the requirement to change media after adding the transfection complex.
- Suitable for transient and stable transfection.
- Functions well in the presence or absence of serum.
Features and Benefits
X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent is a high-performing, versatile and reliable solution for hard-to-transfect and common cell types. As a proven and reliable reagent, X-tremeGENE™ 360 allows researchers to avoid guesswork when performing transfection. In addition, X-tremeGENE™ 360 exhibits:
- Peak performance in a broad range of cell types
- Suitable for multiple applications
- Efficient delivery of plasmid DNA, siRNA/miRNA and CRISPR/Cas9 components
Each lot of X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent is carefully tested following established quality procedures to ensure that the product is consistently performing according to specifications. During quality testing, cells are transfected with a reporter gene vector DNA using X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent (ratio 3:1 μL/μg DNA). Reporter gene activity is monitored via chemiluminescent detection. Using a standard curve, the total amount of recombinant protein is determined per well in order to meet specification.
Supplied in 80% ethanol and sterile-filtered through 0.2 μm pore size membrane. Does not contain any ingredients of human or animal origin. Number of Tests: Using the standard procedure, 1 mL of X-tremeGENE™ 360 Transfection Reagent can be used to perform up to 10,000 transfections in 96-well plates.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
X-tremeGENE is a trademark of Roche