The newly developed SNAP id 2.0 Protein Detection System is the second generation of the SNAP i.d. method for detecting immunoreactive proteins on western blots. With this unique vacuum-driven system, the length of time required for immunodetection is greatly reduced. The classical western blotting time frame of 4- 24 hours is now accomplished in 30 minutes with no quality and signal compromisation. All immunodetection steps after protein transfer to a membrane (i.e., blocking, washing, and primary and secondary antibody incubations) can be performed with the SNAP id 2.0 system. SNAP id 2.0 Mini Blot Holder accepts up to 7.5 × 8.4 cm blots.
SNAP id 2.0 Protein Detection System-Mini (7.5 x 8.4 cm) has been used in western blot analysis.
Features and Benefits
SNAP id 2.0 Protein Detection System Features:
- Processing of up to four blots at a time on a vacuum base with two individually controlled sides
- Comprises of three removable blot holding frame sizes: MultiBlot, Mini, and Midi, to accommodate different blot sizes
- Disposable blot holders, sized for MultiBlot, Mini, and Midi frames
- Blot spacer required with first-generation SNAP id system is now integrated into the new blot holder
- Extended and off-line blot processing options: frames have lids and can be removed from the base for extended incubation (one hour to overnight), incubation in a shaker, or incubation at 4 °C
- Stackable frames so multiple blots can be processed at the same time;30-minute immunodetection with uniform signal across the blot
- Greater than 80% antibody recovery using the SNAP id 2.0 Antibody Collection Trays
- Compatible with nitrocellulose and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) membranes
- Works with the most blocking buffers and visualization methodologies (e.g. chemiluminescence, fluorescence, or colorimetric)
This system includes the SNAP i.d.® 2.0 Base, two Mini Blot Holding Frames, two Antibody Collection Trays, vacuum tubing, Rolling Pad & Blot Roller, two Wetting Trays and a Quick Start Guide
The SNAP i.d.® 2.0 Protein Detection System is intended for research use only. It is not for use in diagnostic procedures.
SNAP id is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany