2-Propanol (Isopropanol) is a secondary alcohol. It has been tested as a substitute of the fuel for use in various fuel cells. CuO powder dissolved in 2-propanol has been used for the laser ablation assisted synthesis of Cu colloids. Suspension of 2-propanol with Zn(NO3)2 has been employed for the fabrication of titanium dioxide-coated stainless steel (P25-TiO2/SS) photoanode coated with uniformly thick layer of P25-TiO2. This photoanode was used for the electrochemical photocatalytic (ECPC) degradation process. Preparation of methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) using 2-propanol as the precursor has been reported with yield as high as 25%. Solubility of benzoic acid has been investigated in 2-propanol by gravimetric method in the temperature range, 277-346K.
Suitable for HPLC, spectrophotometry, environmental testing
2-Propanol (Isopropanol) may be used in the following processes:
- Isolation and quantitative determination of carotenes and xanthophylls from Capsicum annum pericarp extracts by HPLC.
- As solvent in the dissolution of Pt and TiO2 precursors, for the fabrication of Pt-TiO2/Ti electrodes.
- As a solvent in the synthesis of di- and trisubstituted ortho biaryls by Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction.
- As an alternate solvent to benzene in the analysis of total carbonyl compounds in heated and frying oils.
- As a reaction medium in the preparation of cyclic ureas by reacting CO2 with diamines in the presence of pure cerium oxide (CeO2).
20 L in Nowpak™ II
50 L in Pure-Pac™ 2
1, 6×1, 4×2, 2.5, 4, 4×4 L in glass bottle
56 L in Pure-Pac™ 1
Product filtered through a 0.2 μm filter
Pure-Pac® II containers require the Micromatic MacroValve coupler for dispensing solvents, Z560723.
Discover LiChropur reagents ideal for HPLC or LC-MS analysis
Pure-Pac is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC