Methylamine (CH3NH2) is a simple aliphatic primary amine used as a chemical intermediate in organic synthesis. It is prominently used in the production of pesticides and solvents.
We are committed to bringing you Greener Alternative Products, which adhere to one or more of The 12 Principles of Greener Chemistry. This product has been enhanced for energy efficiency. Find details here.
Methylamine solution 2.0 M in THF can be used as a precursor that facilitates the synthesis of perovskite based materials. It can also be used as a deactivating agent to study the catalytic performance of acidic macroporous ion exchange resins. It can be annealed to reduce impurity in the grain boundaries, improve the stability and efficiency of the perovskite solar cells.
Methylamine can be used as a reagent in the synthesis of the following:
- Methylmorpholine from diethylene glycol.
- N-methylalkylamines from oxoamines via formation of imine, followed by hydrogenation using Ni catalyst.
- N-Methyldipropylenetriamine by reacting with acrylonitrile, followed by hydrogenation.
- N-methyl hydroxypyrrolidines from chlorohydrin in the presence of NaCNBH as a reducing agent.
- 2-(Methylamino)-6,7-dichloro-1,4-anthracenedione by reacting with 6,7-dichloro-1,4-anthracenedione.
100, 4×100, 800 mL in Sure/Seal™
2 L in Sure/Seal™