An extensive model system offering 15 atomic bonding configurations in 12 colors of plastic atoms. The carbon atom is represented in nine configurations: linear, trigonal (in five angle variations), tetrahedral, octahedral, trigonal-bipyramidal. Models come in two sizes: Orbit and Minit. Spare atom centers and bonding tubes are available for all model kits.
Please see Technical Information Bulletin AL-183 for a listing of these items, available on our website at sigma-aldrich.com
A basic set in the Orbit molecular building system without workbook for self-directed work. Contains sufficient atoms and bonds to make simple models to understand chemical structures including: hydrocarbons, ring structures, alcohols and esters, simple inorganic molecules and the basic molecules of life - sugars, amino acids, glycerol and fatty acids.
Scale: 3 cm = 0.1 nanometer (1 A), Orbit
- 1-prong: Hydrogen, white (18), Nitrogen, blue (2), Oxygen, red (2), Chlorine, green (6)
- 2-prong linear: Carbon, black (2)
- 2-prong 110°: Oxygen, red (6)
- 3-prong 120°: Carbon, black (6), Nitrogen, blue (2)
- 4-prong tetrahedral: Carbon, black (12), Nitrogen, blue (2), Oxygen, red (2), Phosphorous, purple (1), Sulfur, yellow (1)
- 6-prong octahedral: Carbon, black (2)
- 5-prong trigonal bipyramid: Carbon, black (2)
- X pegs (4)
- Orbit v flex white, 5cm (6)
- Extra-thick light grey, 3.5 cm (50)
- Extra-thick light grey, 2 cm (20)
- Extra-rigid, grey 3.5 cm (15)