An extensive model system offering 15 atomic bonding configurations in 12 colors of plastic atoms. The carbon atom is represented in nine configurations: linear, trigonal (in five angle variations), tetrahedral, octahedral, trigonal-bipyramidal. Models come in two sizes: Orbit and Minit. Spare atom centers and bonding tubes are available for all model kits.
Please see Technical Information Bulletin AL-183 for a listing of these items, available on our website at sigma-aldrich.com
Learn about the structure of diamond, graphite, the metals (iron, copper, magnesium), sodium chloride, cesium chloride, zinc blend, wurzite, rutile, ice and layered structures. Suitable for a student, teacher, researcher or a small group. Includes instructions/activity book.
Scale 3 cm = 0.1 nanometer (1 A), Orbit
- 2-prong linear: Hydrogen, white (24)
- 3-prong 120°: Carbon, black (37), Oxygen, red (25)
- 4-prong tetrahedral: Carbon, black (31), Oxygen, red (13), Sulfur, yellow (26), Halogen, green (10), Metal, silver (21)
- 6-prong octahedral: Halogen, green (15), Metal, silver (15)
- 8-prong cubic: Halogen, green (5), Metal, silver (19)
- 12-prong: Metal, silver (21)
- Extra-thick, light grey, 3.5 cm (100)
- Extra-thick, light grey, 2 cm (50)
- Rigid white, 10 cm (15)
- Rigid white, 5 cm (15)
- Rigid white, 3.5 cm (30)
- Rigid mixed, 10 cm (1)