Ammonium sulfate is an ammonium salt commonly used as fertilizer. It can be synthesized by neutralizing sulfuric acid with ammonia. It is reported to enhance the phytotoxicity of several herbicides like glyphosates. It is formed as a co-product during the manufacture of caprolactam, a precursor of nylon.
Redi-Dri™ technology eliminates clumping and the need for complicated procedures to keep your salts free-flowing. Keeping your salts dry helps improve your results by giving accurate measurements and easier-to-handle salts and buffers. Rather than drying your salts in an oven or desiccator or breaking them apart manually, Redi-Dri™ ensures that your salts will remain easy-to-use for months without worrying about anti-caking agents. Even after repeated openings you can be assured that your results are always accurate. Redi-Dri™ saves you time, energy and money by keeping your salts usable for longer!
Ammonium sulfate may be used in methyl cellulose precipitable tannin assay to examine wine tannin in finished wine samples. It may also be used in making externally mixed aerosols for analyzing the 1 × 3 tandem differential mobility analyzer (1 × 3-TDMA), which is mainly employed for determining the irreversibility of the hygroscopic growth factor of aerosol particles.
Features and Benefits
- Increased efficiency – Eliminate time and effort of loosening hardened powders
- Safety –Avoid risks of using tools of force to break up clumps
- Economy –Faster preparation and solvation increase productivity and reduce costs
- Assured quality –Excellent, expert-tested quality with no anti-caking agents
- Flexible volumes –Available from research amounts to scale-up quantities
ReagentPlus is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
Redi-Dri is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC