KAPA Taq HotStart® has been used for:
- High throughput PCR
- Amplification of low copy DNA templates
- Multiplex PCR
- Specific amplification of complex templates
- confronting two-pair primers-polymerase chain reaction (CTPP-PCR)
- end-point PCR
KAPA Taq DNA Polymerase is based on the single-subunit, wild-type Taq DNA polymerase of the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. KAPA Taq and KAPA Taq HotStart® DNA Polymerase have 5′→3′ polymerase and 5′→3′ exonuclease activities, but no 3′ → 5′ exonuclease (proofreading) activity. The enzyme has an error rate of approximately 1 error per 2.2 x 105 nucleotides incorporated. In the HotStart formulation, the KAPA Taq is combined with a proprietary antibody that inactivates the enzyme until the first denaturation step, eliminating spurious amplification products and increasing reaction efficiency and sensitivity.
Caractéristiques et avantages
- Improved sensitivity, specificity, and yields.
- Novel buffer formulation facilitates specific primer annealing, leading to higher yield of specific product.
- KAPA Taq HotStart® DNA Polymerase can replace any commercial hotstart Taq DNA polymerase in an existing protocol. The final MgCl2 concentration and annealing temperature may need to be optimized to account for differences in formulation.
- The KAPA Taq HotStart Buffer is a uniquelyformulated buffer offering improved specificity and sensitivity, and improved amplification of GC- and AT-rich templates.
- The KAPA Taq HotStart Buffer does not contain MgCl2; MgCl2 (25 mM) is supplied separately to allow greater flexibility during reaction setup.
- The KAPA Taq HotStart PCR Kit is suitable for the amplification of fragments up to 3.5 kb from genomic DNA or 5 kb from less complex targets.
Each batch of KAPA Taq HotStart® DNA Polymerase is confirmed to contain <2% contaminating protein (Agilent Protein 230 Assay). KAPA Taq HotStart PCR kits are subjected to stringent quality control tests, are free of contaminating exo- and endonuclease activity, and meet strict requirements with respect to DNA contamination levels.
Always ensure that the product has been fully thawed and mixed before use. Reagents may be stored at 4°C for short-term use (up to 1 month). Return to -20°C for long term storage.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
HOTSTART is a registered trademark of Molecular BioProducts, Inc.