Neuroporter™ Transfection Reagent is a unique formulation of a proprietary cationic lipid optimized for delivery of DNA into primary neurons, glial cells, and cultured neuronal cell lines with high efficiency and low toxicity. The Neuroporter™ Transfection Kit was designed for difficult-to-transfect primary neurons, addressing past problems such as poor cell viability, low transfection efficiency and neuro-degeneration.
Suitable for transient and stable transfection of nucleic acids into primary neurons and cultured neuronal cell lines. Use approximately 15-120 μl Neuroporter™ Transfection Reagent and 6-8 μg DNA (in provided unique DNA Dilution buffer when required) per 6 cm cell culture plate. The following cells have been successfully transfected using the Neuroporter™ Transfection Kit:
- C6 glioma (human)
- Cortical neurons (rat primary)
- Dorsal Root Ganglion (DRG) cells (rat)
- NT2 neurons(human precursor cells)
- NT neurons (human differentiated cells)
- Subventricular Zone (SVZ) cells (mouse)
- White matter cells (mouse)
Caractéristiques et avantages
- Optimized for primary neurons, glial cells, and cultured neural cell lines
- Very low toxicity with no neuro-degeneration or dendrite withdrawal
- Efficient DNA delivery primary neurons, glial cells, and cultured neural cell lines
- Fast and easy to use compared to other methods
- Compatible with both serum and serum-free transfection protocols
1 vial Neuroporter™ Transfection Reagent, dried lipid film (T2823)
1.5 mL Hydration Buffer H9036
7.5 mL DNA Diluent D1941
A stable, non-covalent complex is formed when the Neuroporter™ Transfection Reagent is mixed with DNA in the absence of serum. The complexes are stable and can be directly added to the cell culture medium, where they fuse with the cell membrane, releasing the DNA into the cytoplasm. Note: complex formation is inhibited by serum, but once stable complexes have formed, the presence of serum is without consequence.
NeuroPorter is a trademark of Gene Therapy Systems, Inc.