Glioblastoma multiforme is the most common and malignant primary brain tumor, with a high recurrence rate and a five-year survival rate of less than 5% (1). Nearly 50% of glioblastomas originate in the frontal or temporal lobes of the brain (1). Glioblastomas are the most aggressive form of cancer, highlighting the importance of relevant human patient-derived cell models for advancing research into characteristics and treatment of this disease.
SF126 is a patient-derived glioblastoma cell line originating from a frontal lobe tumor (2). SF126 cells do not express the glial markers GFAP or glutamine synthetase but are positive for laminin and fibronectin expression in early passages, suggestive of proliferative or transformed mesenchymal cells of glioblastoma (2). SF126 cells exhibit hypertriploidy and fibroblastic morphology in culture and are non-tumorigenic in athymic mice (2).
The SF126 glioblastoma cell line was derived from the left frontal lobe tumor of a 50-year-old female patient (2).
Cell Line Origin
Human, Cancer Cells
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.
- Each vial contains ≥1X106 viable cells.
- Cells are tested negative for infectious diseases by a Human Essential CLEAR panel by Charles River Animal Diagnostic Services.
- Cells are verified to be of human origin and negative for inter-species contamination from rat, mouse, chinese hamster, Golden Syrian hamster, and non-human primate (NHP) as assessed by a Contamination CLEAR panel by Charles River Animal Diagnostic Services.
- Cells are negative for mycoplasma contamination.
- Each lot of cells is genotyped by STR analysis to verify the unique identity of the cell line.
Storage and Stability
Store in liquid nitrogen. The cells can be cultured for at least 10 passages after initial thawing without significantly affecting the cell marker expression and functionality.
This product is intended for sale and sold solely to academic institutions for internal academic research use per the terms of the “Academic Use Agreement” as detailed in the product documentation. For information regarding any other use, please contact email@example.com.