Designed for easy one hand opening and closing, edges of tops and bottoms are squared off to provide a firm sure grip. Flare and length of lid skirt allows lid to be removed and replaced easily. Dishes have three venting ribs on the underside of the lid to prevent condensation build up.
- Standard slippable petri dish
- Clear top and bottom viewing surfaces
- Disposable (single use) polystyrene petri dish for general microbiological use
- Molded from medical-grade virgin polystyrene
- Optically clear
- Radiation sterilized
- Contents sterile if sleeve is unopened
- Ventilation ribs allow for free air circulation and reduce condensation during incubation
- Flared lid skirt and squared corners for easy one-hand operation, especially with gloves
Due to these dishes being constructed of polystyrene (not glass) the walls of the dish may be thinner; this results in a size difference in the outer diameter of approx 10 mm.