EMD Millipore has developed a complete, defined and serum-free medium formulation for the feeder-free culture of human ES and iPS cells. PluriSTEM Human ES/iPS Cell (Cat. No. SCM130) is a small molecule based medium that enables weekend-free culture of human pluripotent stem cells and allows for media exchanges every other day without compromising the morphology or long term functionality of pluripotent stem cells. Pluripotent cells maintained in this moderate feeding regiment exhibited high cell health with minimal spontaneous differentiation,; expressed high levels of pluripotency markers (NANOG, OCT3/4, SOX-2, SSEA-3, SSEA-4, TRA-1-60, and TRA-1-81), retained differentiation potential and possessed a normal karyotype. PluriSTEM Human ES/iPS Medium is provided as a stand-alone 500 mL bottle that is ready-to-use and does not require additional supplementation. Cells proliferate faster in PluriSTEM as compared to the same cells plated in other serum-free and feeder-free media systems; a typical 4-6 day passage is expected for most pluripotent cell lines.
PluriSTEM has been extensively tested and proven to possess the following characteristics for Human ES/iPS cell culture:
• Supports the culture of pluripotent human ES/iPS cells for greater than 30 passages.
• Eliminates the requirement to feed cells over the weekend. Take the weekend off.
• Eliminates the requirement of daily feeding (i.e. Monday, Wednesday, Friday media exchanges).
• Simple and easy transition of cells to PluriSTEM from feeder-based and feeder-free culture systems.
• Enables superior single cell culture, passage and selection of human pluripotent clones.
• Superior freeze-thaw cell viability and recovery.
• Supports suspension culture.
View our Application Note! (See the Data!)
Each lot of PluriSTEM® Human ES/iPS Medium is rigorously quality control tested for the ability to sustain undifferentiated human ES cells for greater than 3 passages.
Appearance= Red Clear Liquid
Storage and Stability
PluriSTEM Human ES/iPS Medium is provided frozen and can be stored at -20°C until the expiration date on product label. Before use, thaw PluriSTEM at room temperature or overnight at 2-8°C. Do not thaw at 37°C. If desired, PluriSTEM may be aseptically dispensed into working aliquots and stored at -20°C. Use aliquots within expiration date as indicated on label. Thawed aliquots may be stored at 2 – 8°C for up to 2 weeks. Do not refreeze aliquots after thawing. Before use, warm working aliquots to room temperature. Do not warm the medium in a 37°C water bath.
PLURISTEM is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany