Nucleic acids bind to the surface of the glass fiber fleece in the presence of a chaotropic salt (guanidine HCl). This allows the High Pure filter tube to specifically immobilize nucleic acids (both DNA and RNA) while they are freed of contaminants. For RNA isolation, the binding conditions can be optimized to ensure immobilization of all the RNA.
Size Distribution: The typical size of RNA isolated from formalin-fixed tissue ranges from 150 to 1500 bases. However, section thickness, tissue type, age of sample, and the fixation protocol used can affect the yield and quality of the isolated RNA.
Capacity: The High Pure Micro Filter Tubes hold up to 500 μl sample volume.
Sample Material: 1 - 10 μm sections from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue (e.g., from colon, breast, liver, kidney, spleen of mammalian species).
The High Pure FFPE RNA Micro Kit isolates total RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue samples for direct use in RT-PCR.
- Streamline and simplify RNA isolation (even small RNA fragments) from FFPE tissue.
- Obtain a highly concentrated, ready-to-use eluate and excellent recovery of RNA (>80%).
- Isolate DNA-free RNA for use in qualitative and quantitative RT-PCR.
- Minimize RNA loss with a kit that removes contaminants without precipitation or other handling steps that degrade RNA.
- Generate high-quality template RNA that shows excellent performance and linearity in RT-PCR.