Chondroitinase ABC is a lyase with specificity toward chondroitin sulfates and dermatan sulfates - with some minor activity toward hyaluronan. This recombinant version only contains the endolytic chondroitinase, meaning it will not digest the non-reducing ends of proteoglycan substrates. It targets β-(1,4)-linkages between N-acetylgalactosamine and either D-glucuronic acid or L-iduronic acid. The product of digestion is a mixture of Δ 4-unsaturated tetra- and di-saccharides.
- Degradation of Chondroitin sulfate-containing tissue such as extracellular matrices and cartilage
- Neural regeneration research
- Eliminative degradation of all forms of Chondroitin sulfate: A, B and C
- Quantitation of glucosaminoglycans (mucopolysaccharides)
Features and Benefits
- Low Endotoxin
- BSA Free
- Endolytic component only, does not contain exolytic enzyme.
- Compatible with chondroitin 4-sulfate, chondroitin 6-sulfate, and dermatan sulfate, and acts slowly on hyaluronate
Non active Ingredients: Hepes-Sodium salt, NaCl, Trehalose, Imidazole, Glycerol, Water
- pH 8.0 (chondroitin sulfate)
- pH 6.8 (hyaluronic acid)
Temperature optimum: 37 °C
Activator: 0.05 M acetate
Inhibitors: 1 mM Zn2+ Ni2+, Fe2+ and Cu2+
1 unit will liberate 1.0 μmole of unsaturated disaccharides per min at pH 8.0 at 37 °C, using chondroitin sulfate from shark cartilage (C4384) as substrate.
Storage and Stability
Store the product at -70 °C. When stored unopened at -70 °C, the buffer is stable for at least two years.
This product is for R&D use only. Not for drug, household, or other uses. Please consult the SafetyData Sheet for information regarding hazards and safe handling practices.