Tris buffer, pH 8.1 is a general biological buffer commonly used in biochemistry and molecular biology. It is isotonic and non-toxic in nature due to the presence of tris base. Tris has a buffering capacity range of pH 7.0 - 9.0, with a pKa of 8.1 at 25°C.
Intended for use in:
- Cell culture (sterile filter recommended)
- Western blot
- Protein electrophoresis
- DNA agarose electrophoresis as a component to make Tris acetate-EDTA (TAE) and Tris borate-EDTA (TBE) buffers
Features and Benefits
- Ready-to-use for quick buffer prep
- No measuring and adjusting pH
- Saves time and minimizes effort in the lab
- Biological tests: free of DNase, RNase, protease, and nickase
- Chemical tests: Iron ≤10 ppm, lead ≤5 ppm
Contents of one pouch, when dissolved in 500 mL of ultrapure water, will yield a 0.1M Tris solution, pH 8.1 at 25 °C. Contents tested to be DNAse, RNAse, Protease, and Nickase free. This product is suitable for use in cell culture and electrophoresis applications.
Storage and Stability
Store at room temperature. Product may naturally agglomerate but can be simply broken up within the pouch prior to use.
pHast Pack is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC