The Ubiquitous Chromatin Opening Element (UCOE) technology offers significant advances in recombinant mammalian protein expression. Unlike traditional vectors, UCOE-containing vectors have the capacity to ease the process of isolating cell line clones that express high-levels of recombinant proteins. UCOE sequences promote reproducible and stable high level expression of a linked gene by altering chromatin structure to a transcriptionally permissive state that negates epigenetic-mediated (e.g. DNA methylation) silencing.
CET 1019 HS-puro-SceI is a mammalian expression plasmid vector containing the mouse Rps3 UCOE upstream of a strong human cytomegalovirus (hCMV) immediate early promoter-enhancer element.
CET 1019 AS-puro-SceI is a mammalian expression plasmid vector containing the murine Rps3 UCOE upstream of a guinea pig CMV (gpCMV) promoter-enhancer element.
The CET 1019 HS-puro-SceI and CET 1019 AS-puro-SceI vectors possess the following features:
- A multiple cloning site downstream of the UCOE-CMV combinations containing unique restriction enzymes to permit easy insertion of any gene of interest (cDNA or genomic)
- A polyadenylation element from the SV40 early region located downstream of the multiple cloning site for appropriate mRNA 3 end formation
- A puromycin antibiotic resistance gene for selection of stably transfected mammalian cells
- A β-lactamase gene for plasmid selection and propagation in the transformed prokaryotic cells in the presence of ampicillin
- An I-Scel homing restriction endonuclease site for linearization of constructs prior to the transfection into mammalian cells, which favors integration into the target cell genome via the pre-generated free DNA ends and thus retains the integrity of the UCOE-CMV-transgene cassettes
THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE TO ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS OR NOT-FOR-PROFIT ENTITIES FOR USE UNDER THIS PRODUCT LABEL LICENSE. FOR INFORMATION ON COMMERCIAL LICENSING OF THE PATENTED UCOE TECHNOLOGY, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Cell Biology
Research Sub Category
Ubiquitous Chromatin Opening Element (UCOE) technology offers significant advances in recombinant mammalian protein expression by removing epigenetic related gene silencing.
1) 10ug CET 1019 HS-puro-SceI (+) Vector (CS221296)
2) 10ug CET 1019 AS-puro-SceI (+) Vector (CS221284)
3) 10ug SC HS-puro (-) Vector (CS221286)
4) 10ug SC AS-puro (-) Vector (CS221287)
Storage and Stability
Plasmids should be stored at -20C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw events.
Concentration: Please refer to lot specific datasheet.
UCOE is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.