Features and Benefits:
- Suitable for Molecular Applications
- Nuclease-Free DMSO
- DNase-Free, RNase-Free, Protease-Free, Phosphatase-Free
- Molecular Biology Grade DMSO
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a highly polar organic reagent that has exceptional solvent properties for organic and inorganic chemicals.
This product is designated as Molecular Biology grade and is suitable for molecular biology applications. It has been analyzed for the presence of nucleases and proteases.
DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a highly polar, aprotic organic solvent with many applications in organic chemistry and molecular biology. DMSO is routinely used in
- polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- amplification of cDNA libraries
- DNA sequencing
- column-loading buffers for poly(A)+ RNA selection
- buffers for the transformation of competent E. coli
- transfection protocols.
Dimethyl sulfoxide has been used-
To prepare a sterile filtered DMSO solution, it is recommended to use a PTFE or nylon membrane. Cellulose acetate membranes are not recommended.
- as an oligonucleotide solvent in array spotting
- as a solvent during miRNA microarray analysis and quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR)
- for cell lysis during MTT (3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide) assay
- for the preparation of the stock solution during MMP (mitochondrial membrane potential)cytofluorimetric assessment
- in the storage of human and animal cell lines and bacteriophage λ as a cryoprotective agent.
50, 100, 250, 500 mL in glass bottle
1 L in glass bottle
Features and Benefits
This product is free from DNases, RNases, phosphatases and proteases.
Supercools easily and remelts slowly at room temperature. Solidified product can be re-liquified by warming to room temperature without detriment to the product.