To perform a complete Duolink®
PLA in situ
experiment you will need two primary antibodies (PLA, IHC, ICC or IF validated)
that recognize two target epitopes. Other necessary reagents include a pair of PLA probes from different species (one PLUS and one MINUS), detection reagents, wash buffers, and mounting medium. Analysis is carried out using standard immunofluorescence assay equipment.HRP is also available for brightfield detection.Specificity
In Situ Probemaker extends your possibilities even further by allowing you to create your own PLA probes to meet specific assay requirements.
- Study homodimers
- Study protein-protein interactions with two primary antibodies derived from the same species
- Study protein-protein interactions with primary antibodies from any species
In Situ Probemaker PLUS and MINUS, you simply conjugate the PLUS and MINUS oligo arms directly to your antibodies in a quick and convenient procedure. As well as providing unique capabilities, this also means there is no longer any limitation as to which species your primary antibodies have to be derived from in order perform a Duolink®
In Situ assay. Application Note
The antibody to be conjugated must have a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Do not use volumes larger than 20 ml for conjugation. The antibody must be in an amine free buffer, ideally PBS. The buffer should be carrier free but may contain up to 0.1% BSA, 5% trehalose, and 0.02% sodium azide.
- Study homodimers by using one monoclonal antibody split into two halves. Label one with the PLUS oligo and the other with the MINUS oligo.
- Use antibodies from same species: study protein-protein interactions, protein modifications, or single proteins, using two primary antibodies derived from the same species. Label one of the antibodies with the PLUS oligo and the other with the MINUS oligo
- Use antibodies from any species: study protein-protein interactions, protein modifications, or single proteins, using one or both primary antibodies derived from species other than mouse, rabbit or goat. Label one of your secondary antibodies with the PLUS oligo and the other with the MINUS oligo. Or, combine one labeled secondary antibody with a standard secondary Duolink® In Situ PLA probe.
Test your primary antibodies (IgG-class, mono- or polyclonal) in a standard immunofluorescence (IF), immunohistochemistry (IHC) or immunocytochemistry (ICC) assay to determine the optimal fixation, blocking, and titer conditions. Duolink® in situ
reagents are suitable for use on fixed cells, cytospin cells, cells grown on slide, formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE), or tissue (fresh or frozen). No minimum number of cells is required.
Let us do the work for you, learn more about our Custom Service Program
to accelerate your Duolink®
projectsView full Duolink® product list