Rainbow™ Molecular Weight Markers have been enhanced to enable faster and simpler identification of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels. The ready-to-load markers provide sharper, more intense bands on gels and blots and have improved band spacing for more accurate molecular weight determination. The bright, distinctive colors of the markers allow easier confirmation of transfer to blotting membranes and orientation.
Rainbow™ Molecular Weight Markers comprise a mixture of individually colored proteins that are combined to produce bands of equal color intensity. The approximate protein concentration is 1 to 2 mg/mL, depending on the product. Each 250 μl pack size is sufficient for use with 50 minigels (10 x 8 cm) or 25 large gels (20 x 20 cm).
For industrial applications: Analytical reagent, research
Amersham™ ECL™ Rainbow™ Marker - Full range has been used as a molecular weight marker for immunoblotting and sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE).
Features and Benefits
- Monitor progress of protein electrophoresis and assess transfer efficiency and molecular weight of blotted proteins.without staining
- High intensity, prestained multicolored bands allow distinction of closely related proteins.
- Full-Range Rainbow™ Markers (Mr 12 000 to 225 000) use ten separate proteins with six different colors.
- High-Range Rainbow™ Markers (Mr 12 000 to 225 000) use eight separate proteins with six different colors.
- Low-Range Rainbow™ Markers (Mr 3 500 to 38 000) use seven separate proteins with five different colors.
- For use on SDS-PAGE
To view the Certificate of Analysis for this product, please visit www.cytiva.com.
Amersham is a trademark of Cytiva
ECL is a trademark of Cytiva
Rainbow is a trademark of Cytiva