IGEPAL® CA-630 is a nonionic, non-denaturing detergent suitable for solubilization, isolation and purification of membrane protein complexes. It is chemically indistinguishable from Nonidet P-40.
IGEPAL® CA-630 has been used:
- as a component of grinding buffer along with lithium dodecyl sulphate, tris-HCl, EDTA, NaCl, sodium deoxycholate, dithiothreitol and thiourea in RNA extraction process
- along with Tris- HCl in incubation of Tachyzoites cultured in vero cells
- as a component of nuclear extract buffer D+ containing HEPES, glycerol, KCl and EDTA for gel shift analysis
- as a component of PI buffer along with NaH2PO4 to wash slides in FISH (fluorescence in situ hybridization) procedure
- for solubilizing and isolation of membrane proteins
50, 100, 500 mL in poly bottle
Nonionic, non-denaturing detergent
Chemically indistinguishable from Nonidet P-40, which is no longer commercially available.
May develop turbidity or sediment during storage. A clear liquid can be obtained on heating to 40°C.
IGEPAL is a registered trademark of Solvay