The Scienceware vacuum desiccator has a unique shape which offers maximum interior clearances for more or larger contents without crowding the benchtop. The thick walls ensure a rugged shatter resistant unit that simply stores a vacuum or stays sealed even if not under vacuum. The polypropylene stopcock (PTFE plug) which is included has a vivid, red handle and a hose connection that accepts 1
in. (6.4 mm) I.D. vacuum tubing.
The top section can be lifted off using the large ribbed knob at the top center. A neoprene O-ring offers a secure seal, which does not require grease, but is unaffected if grease is applied. A rigid, perforated polypropylene plate, 1
in. (3.2 mm) thick is removable and supports the contents, leaving space underneath for desiccant backup if desired.
- Small footprint with 13% more interior volume than typical desiccator domes
- Glass transparent, shatter resistant polycarbonate upper section offers unobstructed viewing of contents
- Polypropylene lower section has excellent chemical resistance and can be used with incandescent crucibles supported on porcelain plate
- Polypropylene stopcock with PTFE plug controls airflow to gently release vacuum
- Holds a vacuum of 29.9 in. (759 mm) Hg for 24 hours at room temperature without need for vacuum grease
- Not compatible with organic solvents and vapors
- Parts are autoclavable at 121ºC for 20 minutes at 15 psi. All parts that have vacuum grease must have grease reapplied. (Stopcock)