cOmplete ULTRA Tablets, EDTA-free contain the most powerful protease inhibitor cocktail for the optimal protection of your proteins against protease degradation. One cOmplete ULTRA Tablet, EDTA-free is sufficient for a volume of 50 ml extraction solution. cOmplete ULTRA Tablets contain both irreversible and reversible protease inhibitors. Tablets are supplied in glass vials. Alternatively, these tablets are also available in EASYpack blister packs. EASYpacks provide the most convenient form of delivery - single tablets are easily pushed through the blister foil directly into the buffer.
cOmplete ULTRA Tablets EDTA-free are identical to cOmplete ULTRA Tablets, the only difference being that no EDTA or other chelating agents (e.g. EGTA) are included.
Tablets in a glass vial. Each tablet is sufficient for a volume of 50ml extraction solution.
Inhibits serine proteases, cysteine proteases. Does not inhibit metalloproteases.
cOmplete™ ULTRA Tablets, EDTA-free, glass vials Protease Inhibitor Cocktail has been used as a component of
- ice-cold radioimmunoprecipitation assay buffer (RIPA) for the lysis of retinal ganglion cells
- lysis buffer for green fluorescent protein (GFP)- cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) fusion protein isolation from E coli
- homogenization buffer for mice protein isolation from intestinal tissue
During cell lysis and purification, target proteins are at risk of being cleaved by proteases, which are naturally present in cells. To ensure that full-length proteins are obtained, cOmplete ULTRA Tablets are used for the inhibition of an extended range of proteases. This new formulation shows high inhibition ratios due to its broadened range of inhibitors compared to standard cOmplete Tablets.
This new protease inhibitor cocktail now inhibits aspartic proteases, as well as serine and cysteine proteases. cOmplete ULTRA Tablets were developed for improved efficiency on different cell types. Best performance is guaranteed in lysates of bacteria, yeast, insect cells, and a wide range of higher cell lines.
This tablet does not contain EDTA; therefore metalloproteases are not inhibited.
Features and Benefits
Choose cOmplete ULTRA for even more efficient protease inhibition in eukaryotic, yeast, and bacterial cell lysates.
- Protect your precious proteins.
Benefit from 7 powerful protease inhibitors – more than in other EDTA-free inhibitor tablets.
Reliably inhibit serine, cysteine, and aspartic proteases.
- Defend against a broad range of proteases.
Eliminate weighing small amounts of individual inhibitors which might be hazardous. Simply drop a tablet
- Convenient and safe tablet format.
into your buffers.
Proprietary mixture of several protease inhibitors with broad inhibitory specificity.
Tablets in a glass vial. Each tablet is sufficient for a volume of 50 ml extraction solution.
Working concentration: 1 Tablet per 50 ml extraction solution.
Working solution: Handling
Carefully push the tablet through the foil packaging using the base of your thumb (not your fingernail) to prevent the breakage of tablets.
Preparation of Working Solution
One tablet is sufficient for the inhibition of proteolytic activity in 50 ml extraction solution. If very high proteolytic activity is present, 2-3 tablets should be used for 50 ml extraction buffer. The tablets can be added directly to the extraction medium.
Stock Solution (2x conc.)
Alternatively to the direct use with lysates, a 2x stock solution can be prepared, with the following procedure:
• Add one cOmplete ULTRA Tablet, EDTA-free to 25 ml double-distilled water in a PE or PP tube.
• Vortex 4 min, until the tablet is dissolved.
• The stock solution is ready to use even if there are very fine particles still visible in solution. These particles do not interfere with the inhibition performance of the tablets.
• This stock solution is stable for 4 weeks, stored at 2 to 8 °C, and for at least 4 weeks at -15 to -25 °C as well.
• During storage of the 2x stock solution, the particles can sediment. Briefly vortex the stock solution prior to use.
Storage conditions (working solution): The stock solution in water is stable for 4 weeks, stored at 2 to 8 °C, and for at least 4 weeks at -15 to -25 °C as well.
Soluble in aqueous buffers, or add directly to extraction media. For the stock solution, use water only.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
cOmplete is a trademark of Roche