CCDA Selective Supplement is a mixture of two antibiotics (Amphotericin B & Cefoperazone) in lyophilized form. Amphotericin B largely reduces the growth of yeasts and molds, while Cefoperazone especially inhibits the growth of Enterobacteriaceae.
CCDA Selective Supplement is an additive used during the preparation of Campylobacter Blood Free Selective Agar for the enrichment of Campylobacter from foods.
Typical composition (per vial): Amphotericin B 5.0 mg; Cefoperazone 16.0 mg.
Growth promotion test in accordance with ISO 11133.
Supplement tested with base Art. 1.00070.
- Campylobacter coli ATCC 43478 (WDCM 00004):
- Campylobacter jejuni ATCC 33291 (WDCM 00005): good
- Campylobacter jejuni ATCC 29428 (WDCM 00156): good
- Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 25923 (WDCM 00034): no growth
- Escherichia coli ATCC 25922 (WDCM 00013): inhibited growth
- Escherichia coli ATCC 8739 (WDCM 00012): inhibited growth
Incubation: 44 hrs. 41.5 °C with Anaercult C. E.coli and Staph.aur. aerobic.
Strains tested with three-loop-streak.