Cardiovascular disease, particularly atherosclerotic vascular disease, is a leading cause of global mortality, accounting for 30% of all global deaths (WHO, 2010). Inflammatory mechanisms play a vital role in the initiation, maintenance, and progression of vascular disease with a strong correlation between inflammatory markers and prognosis in acute and chronic coronary artery disease. Numerous studies have demonstrated an association of obesity and diabetes with cardiovascular risk factors.
MILLIPLEX® Human Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Panel 2 is a 10-plex kit to be used for the simultaneous quantification of any or all of the following analytes in human serum, plasma and tissue/cell lysate and culture supernatant samples: Adamts13, D-dimer, GDF-15, Myoglobin, sICAM-1, MPO, P-selectin, Lipocalin-2/NGAL, sVCAM-1 and SAA. This kit uses a 96-well format, contains a lyophilized standard cocktail, two internal assay quality controls and can measure up to 38 samples in duplicate.
The Luminex® xMAP® platform uses a magnetic bead immunoassay format for ideal speed and sensitivity to quantitate multiple analytes simultaneously, dramatically improving productivity while conserving valuable sample volume.
Panel Type: Cardiovascular
There was no or negligible cross-reactivity between the antibodies for an analyte and any of the other analytes in this panel.
- Analytes: ADAMTS13, D-Dimer, GDF15, sICAM-1, Myeloperoxidase (MPO), Myoglobin, NGAL/Lipocalin-2, sP-selectin, Serum Amyloid A (SAA), sVCAM-1
- Recommended Sample Type: Human serum, plasma, cell/tissue culture supernatants and lysates
- Recommended Sample Dilution: 25 μL per well of 1:100 diluted serum or plasma; tissue/cell culture samples may require dilution in appropriate control medium
- NOTE: D-Dimer cannot be measured in plasma samples
- Assay Run Time: Overnight (16-18 hours) at 2-8°C or 2 hours at room temperature (20-25 °C)
- Research Category: Cardiovascular Disease
- Research Subcategory: Metabolic Disorders
Features and Benefits
Design your multiplex kit by choosing available analytes within this panel.
Sensitivity: See kit protocol for individual analytes sensitive’s.
Please contact Technical Service for linearity of dilution.
Luminex is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
MILLIPLEX is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
xMAP is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.