“Cytokine” is a general term used for a diverse group of soluble proteins and peptides which act as regulators under both normal and pathological conditions to modulate the functional activities of individual cells and tissues. These proteins also mediate direct interactions between cells and regulate processes taking place in the extracellular environment. Cytokines differ from hormones in that they act on a wider spectrum of target cells. Also, unlike hormones, they are not produced by specialized cells which are organized in specialized glands. The cytokine group of proteins includes lymphokines, interferons, colony stimulating factors and chemokines. Cytokine and chemokine research plays a significant role in achieving a deeper understanding of the immune system and its multi-faceted response to most antigens, as well as disease states such as inflammatory disease, allergic reactions, irritable bowel disease (IBD), sepsis, and cancer.
The MILLIPLEX® Human Cytokine / Chemokine Panel 1 enables you to focus on the therapeutic potential of cytokines as well as the modulation of cytokine expression.
The Luminex® xMAP® platform uses a magnetic bead immunoassay format for ideal speed and sensitivity to quantitate multiple analytes simultaneously, dramatically improving productivity while conserving valuable sample volume.
Panel Type: Cytokines/Chemokines
Cross-reactivity between the antibodies and any of the other analytes in this panel is non-detectable or negligible.
- Analytes: sCD40L, EGF, Eotaxin/CCL11, FGF-2, Flt-3 ligand, Fractalkine, G-CSF, GM-CSF, GRO, IFN-α2, IFN-γ, IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-1ra, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-12 (p40), IL-12 (p70), IL-13, IL-15, IL-17A, IP-10, MCP-1, MCP-3, MDC (CCL22), MIP-1α, MIP-1β, PDGF-AA, PDGF-AB/BB, RANTES, TGF-α, TNF-α, TNF-β, VEGF
- Recommended Sample type: Serum, plasma or tissue/cell lysate and culture supernatant samples
- Recommended Sample dilution: Neat plasma or serum. Tissue culture supernatant may require a dilution with an appropriate control medium prior to assay. RANTES, PDGF-AA and PDGF-AB/BB require a 1:100 dilution of plasma/serum samples.
- NOTE: RANTES, PDGF-AA and PDGF-AB/BB cannot be plexed with other cytokines in this panel due to a required 1:100 dilution of plasma/serum samples.
- Assay Run Time: Overnight or two-hour primary incubation. For best results, an overnight incubation is recommended
- Research Category: Inflammation & Immunology
- Research Subcategory: Obesity, Metabolic Disorders, Inflammation & Autoimmune Mechanisms
Features and Benefits
Design your multiplex kit by choosing available analytes within this panel.
Storage and Stability
Recommended storage for kit components is 2 - 8°C.
Sensitivity: Refer to kit protocol for sensitivities for individual cytokines/chemokines.
Please note: Sample Type must be selected when configuring this kit. RANTES, PDGF-AA and PDGF-AB/AA cannot be plexed with other analytes for serum/plasma.
Luminex is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
MILLIPLEX is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
xMAP is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.