Insulin-like Growth Factors I and II are polypeptide, endocrine hormones similar in molecular structure to insulin. Both IGF-I and IGF-II are produced primarily by the liver and their bio-availabilities are regulated by the IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs).
MILLIPLEX® Human IGF-I, II Panel is a 2-plex kit to be used for the quantitative determination of IGF-I and/or IGF-II in human serum, plasma, tissue/cell extracts, or culture media samples. Reagents are included for the extraction of serum and plasma samples resulting in a 1:60 final dilution. This kit uses a 96-well format, contains a lyophilized standard cocktail, two internal assay quality controls and can measure up to 38 samples in duplicate.
The Luminex® xMAP® platform uses a magnetic bead immunoassay format for ideal speed and sensitivity to quantitate multiple analytes simultaneously, dramatically improving productivity while conserving valuable sample volume.
Panel Type: Endocrine
There was no or negligible cross-reactivity between the antibodies for an analyte and any of the other analytes in this panel.
Cross-reactivity between the antibodies and any of the other analytes in this panel is non-detectable or negligible.
- Analytes: IGF-I, IGF-II
- Recommended Sample Type: Human serum, plasma, cell/tissue culture supernatants or lysates
- Recommended Sample Dilution: Use 25 μL per well of the final 1:60 extracted serum or plasma; Cell/tissue culture supernatants or lysates may require a dilution in appropriate control medium.
- NOTE: Sample extraction, using the reagents included in the kit, is required for serum and plasma samples. The final dilution for extracted serum or plasma samples is 1:60.
- Assay Run Time: Overnight (16-20 hours) at 2-8°C
- Research Category: Metabolism
- Research Subcategory: Metabolic Disorders
Features and Benefits
Design your multiplex kit by choosing available analytes within this panel.
Everything you need in a single kit.
96 well plate
Storage and Stability
Recommended storage for kit components is 2 - 8°C.
Standard curve range: Refer to analysis sheet for exact standard concentracions.
Please contact Technical Service for linearity of dilution.
Luminex is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
MILLIPLEX is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
xMAP is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.