Reacts with intact full-length Alzheimer precursor protein (APP) and selectively with the cytoplasmic carboxyl fragment of APP 643-695. Epitope has reportedly been mapped in this paper http://www.impub.co.uk/abs/W386.html
Epitope: APP 643-695 C-terminal fragment
Carboxyl fragment of APP 643-695 / Jonas.
This Anti-APP Antibody, APP 643-695 C-terminal fragment, clone 2.F2.19B4 is validated for use in IH(P), WB for the detection of Alzheimer Precursor Protein.
Immunohistochemistry on paraffin sections: 10-20 μg/mL * See protocol below.
Western blot: 10 μg/mL
Optimal working dilutions must be determined by end user.
APPLICATION NOTES FOR MAB343
1) Prepare paraformaldehyde-fixed paraffin sections. Wash twice for 5 min in xylene to deparaffinize. Wash sections for 5 min in a descending series of alcohol solutions (100%, 96%, 90%, 80%, 70%, 50%, 30%).
2) Wash sections 3 times in distilled water.
3) Wash in TBS (50 mM Tris-HCl, 150 mM NaCl, pH 7.6). To block endogenous peroxidase wash with methanol containing 0.6% H2O2 (v/v) and 10 % horse serum (v/v) for 5 min at room temperature.
4) Wash sections for 5 min in TBS.
5) Incubate sections with MAB343 (diluted in TBS containing 10% horse serum (v/v)) overnight at +4°C or for 2 hours at 37°C in a humid chamber.
6) Wash sections 3 times in TBS for 5 min..
7) Detect with standard secondary antibody detection system (PAP, ABC, etc.).
8) Wash sections in TBS.
9) Embed sections and examine.
Research Sub Category
Storage and Stability
Maintain lyophilized material at +2–8°C for up to 12 months. After reconstitution maintain frozen at -20°C in undiluted aliquots for up to 6 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
Concentration: Please refer to the Certificate of Analysis for the lot-specific concentration.
CHEMICON is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.