Assurance® GDS is an advanced genetic detection system for food pathogens. The MPX Top 7 STEC is an automated nucleic acid amplification system for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 and the "Top Six" non-O157 Shiga Toxigenic E. coli (STEC). The Top Six non-O157 STEC are defined as E. coli belonging to serogroups O103, O111, O121, O145, O26, or O45 that possess both the eae gene and at least one of the shiga toxin genes (stx1 or stx2). Assurance® GDS MPX Top 7 STEC utilizes a proprietary PickPen® IMS-based sample preparation procedure to quickly and effectively capture organisms belonging to the 7 specific Top STEC O serogroups prior to genetic analysis for the associated pathogenicity genes.
Assurance® GDS MPX Top 7 STEC is suitable for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 and the “Top Six” non-O157 Shiga Toxigenic E. coli (STEC) in foods, ingredients, and environmental samples.
Features and Benefits
- Following sample preparation with IMS against the Top 7 O groups, samples are analyzed with a single multiplex assay for the presence of (eae), stx1, and stx2
- Assurance® GDS MPX Top 7 STEC assay includes a separate target and differentiated result for E. coli O157:H7
- Single-step 10-18 h enrichment in mEHEC®, enrichment media common to all BioControl methods for E.coli O157:H7, Shiga Toxin genes, and Top STEC
- MPX Top STEC Amplification Tubes
- Top 7 STEC Concentration ReagentResuspension Buffer TqTop STEC Wash Solution
PCR, Immunomagnetic Separation (IMS)
AOAC is a registered trademark of AOAC International
Assurance is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
Assurance GDS is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
PICKPEN is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
mEHEC is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.