Assurance® GDS is an advanced genetic detection system for food pathogens. The Top 7 STEC (eae) Tq is an automated nucleic acid amplification system for the detection of the eae gene in the following Top 7 O serogroups of E. coli: O103, O111, O121, O145, O26, O45, and O157. Assurance® GDS utilizes a proprietary PickPen® IMS-based sample preparation procedure to quickly and effectively capture organisms belonging to the 7 specific Top STEC O serogroups prior to genetic analysis for the presence of the eae gene.
Assurance® GDS Top 7 STEC (eae) Tq is designed for use in conjunction with Assurance® GDS Shiga Toxin Genes (Top 7) Tq to detect the presence of Shiga Toxigenic E. coli (STEC) in foods, ingredients, and environmental samples.
Features and Benefits
- Sequential approach to detecting Top STEC. Following sample preparation with IMS against the Top 7 O groups, samples are analyzed for the presence of (eae) with the GDS Top 7 STEC (eae) assay. Positive samples are subsequently analyzed for Shiga Toxin genes with the Assurance® GDS Shiga Toxin Genes Top 7 assay.
- Top 7 STEC (includes E. coli O157:H7)
- Single-step 10-18 h enrichment in mEHEC, enrichment media common to all BioControl methods for E.coli O157:H7, Shiga Toxin genes, and Top STEC
- Top STEC (eae) Amplification Tubes Tq
- Top 7 STEC Concentration Reagent
- Resuspension Buffer Tq
- Top STEC Wash Solution
PCR, Immunomagnetic Separation (IMS)
AOAC is a registered trademark of AOAC International
Assurance is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
Assurance GDS is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.
PICKPEN is a registered trademark of BioControl Systems, Inc.