Atto 590 is a novel fluorescent label belonging to the class of Rhodamine dyes, which has an absorption maximum of 594 nm and an emission maximum of 624 nm. Atto 590-N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) is membrane permeable.
Atto 590 is a novel fluorescent label belonging to the class of Rhodamine dyes. The dye is designed for application in the area of life science, e.g. labeling of DNA, RNA or proteins. The Atto dyes are a series of fluorescent dyes that provide all the crucial properties required for modern fluorescent technologies, such as fluorescence microscopy, flow-cytometry, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), receptor binding assays or enzyme assays. The dye is highly suitable for single-molecule detection applications and high-resolution microscopy. The NHS-esters are used in common conjugation protocols.
Atto 590 NHS ester may be suitable for use in site-specific labeling of human embryonic kidney (HEK293T) cell lysates for western blotting, fluorescence, and widefield microscopy studies.
Molar absorption 120,000 1/M cm, abs: 593 nm, em: 620 nm, QY=0.93, Tfl 4.0 ns (unpublished data)
Features and Benefits
- Absorption maxima cover a range from 590 to 620 nm.
- Structural properties support extraordinary photostability.
- High fluorescence quantum yield and high thermal stability.
- The fluorescence characteristics of the dye are quite insensitive to environmental changes (e.g., pH changes). This holds for both excitation and emission wavelengths and for the decay time of their fluorescence emission.
- Compatible with common labeling procedures for proteins and amino-functionalized oligonucleotides.
Study of multistep energy transfer in a single photonic wire by FRET; employed in fluorescence energy transfer, FRET, scanning microscopy.
This product is for Research use only. In case of intended commercialization, please contact the IP-holder (ATTO-TEC GmbH, Germany) for licensing.