When it comes to maximizing sample storage capacity, Eppendorf Innova ULT Freezers set the standard. They take advantage of ultra-efficient, ultra-compact vacuum insulation panels which are used in combination with traditional insulation to slim down the freezer wall thickness from 130 mm to 80 mm. These models are ideal for labs short on space.
The Innova line is equipped with reliable heavy-duty compressors (2-stage cascade cooling system). Quick pull-down times enable fast reuse after cleaning/defrosting of the instrument. The freezers have short recovery times after opening as well as built-in voltage stabilizers to provide extra sample safety.
For even higher sample safety, the Eppendorf Innova Upright Freezers can be equipped with CO2/LN2 backup systems and a chart recorder. The TCA-3 temperature monitor system can be used to monitor the freezers remotely.. The TCA-3 temperature monitor system can be used to monitor the freezers remotely.
ULT freezers are suitable for storage and preservation of all types of biological materials/samples:
- Blood components
- Tissue used in research only
- Preservation of chemicals or material testing components for a longer period of time
Features and Benefits
- Vacuum insulation panels allow for increased internal capacity with the same footprint as traditionally foamed freezers
- Inner doors are gasketed as well as insulated creating 3 separate compartments minimizing cold air loss while you access your samples
- Easy-to-read, eye level, flush mounted LED control panel and alarm status
- Each shelf is adjustable in height for additional storage flexibility
- Special vacuum vent with plunger ergonomically located at waist level to gain immediate access to your freezer
- Inner doors can be quickly removed without the need for tools for easier and faster defrosting
- Full stainless steel interior for easy cleaning during maintenance and defrost cycles; powder-coated steel exterior
- Special low-temperature outer door seals allow gaskets to remain flexible at –86 C and prevent ice buildup for easy access to samples
- Password protection of alarm and temperature setpoints to prevent unauthorized setting changes
Box capacity per freezer
5 cm (2 in) tall boxes: 504
7.5 cm (3 in) tall boxes: 360
10 cm (4 in) tall boxes: 216
Box capacity per rack
5 cm (2 in) tall boxes: 28
7.5 cm (3 in) tall boxes: 20
12.5 cm (4 in) tall boxes: 12
Eppendorf is a registered trademark of Eppendorf AG
Innova is a registered trademark of Eppendorf, Inc.