≥98% (HPLC)

Empirical Formula (Hill Notation):
CAS Number:
Molecular Weight:
EC Number:
MDL number:
PubChem Substance ID:

Quality Level


≥98% (HPLC)


white to light yellow


179-183 °C

storage temp.


SMILES string




InChI key


Gene Information

human ... CYP2C18(1562), CYP2C19(1557), CYP2C9(1559)

Looking for similar products? Visit Product Comparison Guide


5, 10 mg in glass bottle
Bottomless glass bottle. Contents are inside inserted fused cone.

Biochem/physiol Actions

Antibacterial. Specific inhibitor of CYP2C9. Blocks pro-inflammatory and atherogenic effects of linoleic acid (increase in oxidative stress and activation of AP-1) mediated by CYP2C9. Specific inhibitor of CYP2C9. Blocks pro-inflammatory and atherogenic effects of linoleic acid (increase in oxidative stress and activation of AP-1) mediated by CYP2C9. Inhibits bradykinin-induced tPA release.

Personal Protective Equipment

dust mask type N95 (US),Eyeshields,Gloves


NONH for all modes of transport

WGK Germany


Flash Point(F)

Not applicable

Flash Point(C)

Not applicable

Certificate of Analysis
Certificate of Origin
Agostino Virdis et al.
The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism, 95(2), 920-927 (2009-12-22)
The aim of this study was to assess whether patients with primary hyperparathyroidism (PHPT) show reduced endothelial function and to determine the mechanisms involved. The impact of parathyroidectomy (PTx) on endothelial function was also assessed. Endothelial dysfunction is reported in...
Vienna E Brunt et al.
The Journal of physiology, 590(15), 3523-3534 (2012-06-08)
While it is accepted that NO is responsible for ∼60% of the plateau in cutaneous thermal hyperaemia, a large portion of the response remains unknown. We sought to determine whether the remaining ∼40% could be attributed to EDHF-mediated activation of...
Mahmood Khan et al.
Antioxidants & redox signaling, 11(4), 725-738 (2008-10-16)
The objective of this study was to establish the cardioprotective effect of sulfaphenazole (SPZ), a selective inhibitor of cytochrome P450 2C9 enzyme, in an in vivo rat model of acute myocardial infarction (MI). MI was induced by 30 min ligation...
Chengqun Huang et al.
American journal of physiology. Heart and circulatory physiology, 298(2), H570-H579 (2009-12-17)
Previously, we showed that sulfaphenazole (SUL), an antimicrobial agent that is a potent inhibitor of cytochrome P4502C9, is protective against ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury (Ref. 15). The mechanism, however, underlying this cardioprotection, is largely unknown. With evidence that activation of autophagy...
Shu-Ying Chang et al.
Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals, 36(12), 2513-2522 (2008-09-13)
Various groups have sought to determine the impact of CYP2C8 genotype (and CYP2C8 inhibition) on the pharmacokinetics (PK) of ibuprofen (IBU) enantiomers. However, the contribution of cytochrome P450 2C8 (CYP2C8) in human liver microsomes (HLMs) has not been reported. Therefore...

Our team of scientists has experience in all areas of research including Life Science, Material Science, Chemical Synthesis, Chromatography, Analytical and many others.

Contact Technical Service

Social Media

LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon
Facebook Icon
Instagram Icon


Research. Development. Production.

We are a leading supplier to the global Life Science industry with solutions and services for research, biotechnology development and production, and pharmaceutical drug therapy development and production.

© 2021 Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.

Reproduction of any materials from the site is strictly forbidden without permission.