ThermalSeal A sealing films are an advanced version of Excel Scientific′s classic ThermalSeal A sealing films for PCR. ThermalSeal A films consist of 50 μm thick clear polypropylene with a thicker 50 μm layer of a stronger adhesive formulated for improved protection against evaporation and leakage during thermal cycling. Intended for non-real-time PCR applications, ThermalSeal A films are designed to fit inside the edge of raised-rim PCR plates and provide more secure sealing of all wells because the center of the film does not extend over the plate rim. Two end tabs allow for easy positioning of the film on the plate but are perforated for easy removal if necessary.
Each film measures 77.8 x 135.5 mm overall. Length between the perforations with end tabs removed is 118.1 mm. Each package of ThermalSeal A films includes one sealing paddle for ensuring a firm seal, also compatible with raised-rim plates.
- Recommended for non-real-time PCR thermocycling applications
- Stronger and thicker 50 μm adhesive layer for secure seal
- Heat resistant, recommended for temperatures from -40°C to +125°C
- Can be used with raised-rim PCR plates and standard plates
- Two end tabs, perforated for easy removal
- Each package of ThermalSeal A™ films includes one sealing paddle to ensure a firm seal
- Certified DNase, RNase, and Nucleic Acid free