Tray dimension: 6.8 cm x 10.2 cm
Gel dimension: 6.0 cm x 9.5 cm
Gel thickness: 5.5 mm
Sample format: Gels are cast with 8, 20, or 24 wells that will each accommodate up to 15 µL sample volume.
Precautions and Disclaimer
This product is for R&D use only, not for drug, household, or other uses. Please consult the Safety Data Sheet for information regarding hazards and safe handling practices.
Store the gels flat at room temperature. DO NOT FREEZE. Limit exposure to light.
Precast Agarose gels require less than 5 minutes to set up.
- Peel the paper backing from the adhesive strips on the bottom of the tray.
- Peel off the lid. Leave the gel in the tray.
- Press the tray directly onto the chamber platform. Align the wells so the DNA samples will run straight.
- Pour 1x TBE electrophoresis buffer in the chamber to a depth of 5 mm OVER the flange of the tray.
- Load the DNA sample (≤15 µL volume).
- Electrophorese the gels at ≤10 V/cm for 30 minutes. Lower voltages for longer times are acceptable.
Note: For DNA fragments ≥5 kb, use 1–5 V/cm and increase the run time.
- Remove the gel from the tray to photograph/document and/or destain.
Dye Migration with 1x TBE