The complement system consists of many plasma proteins that assist the ability of phagocytic cells and antibodies to clear pathogens. There are three different simultaneous pathways. The classical pathway is stimulated by antigen-antibody complexes; the alternative pathway spontaneously activates on contact with pathogenic cell surfaces; and the mannose-binding lectin (MBL) pathway recognizes mannose sugars usually present only on pathogenic cell surfaces. Because of the potential to be extremely damaging to host tissues, complement system activation must be tightly controlled. The regulating complement control proteins, including CD59, also known as protectin, are present at a higher concentration in the blood plasma than the complement proteins themselves. The complement system is thought to play a key role in many diseases with an immune component, such as asthma and many autoimmune diseases, including SLE, IBD and multiple sclerosis. It is also becoming increasingly associated with neurological disease, such as Alzheimer′s disease and conditions such as spinal cord injuries.
MILLIPLEX® Complement Panel 1 Bead Panel is an 7-plex kit to be used for the simultaneous quantification of any or all of the following analytes in serum, plasma or culture supernatant samples: C2, C4B, C5, C5a, Adipsin/Complement Factor D, MBL and Complement Factor I.
The Luminex® xMAP® platform uses a magnetic bead immunoassay format for ideal speed and sensitivity to quantitate multiple analytes simultaneously, dramatically improving productivity while conserving valuable sample volume.
Panel Type: Immune Response
Cross-reactivity between the antibodies and any of the other analytes in this panel is non-detectable or negligible.
- Analytes: C2, C4b, C5, C5a, Adipsin/Factor D, Mannose-Binding Lectin (MBL), and Factor I
- Recommended Sample type: Serum, plasma, and tissue/cell culture supernatant
- Recommended Sample dilution: 1:200 diluted plasma or serum. Tissue culture supernatant may require a dilution with an appropriate control medium prior to assay
- Assay Run Time: Overnight or two-hour primary incubation
- Research Category: Inflammation & Immunology
- Research Subcategory: Inflammation
- Note: To avoid complement activation in samples, which will affect the results, samples should be thawed as rapidly as possible, put on ice and assayed immediately
Features and Benefits
Design your multiplex kit by choosing available analytes within this panel.
Storage and Stability
Recommended storage for kit components is 2 - 8°C.
Luminex is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
MILLIPLEX is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
xMAP is a registered trademark of Luminex Corp
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.