EMAIL THIS PAGE TO A FRIEND

Schweizerische medizinische Wochenschrift

[Poisoning with cholinesterase inhibitors].


PMID 1689507

Abstract

A 32-year-old woman who had ingested 300 ml of a potent cholinesterase inhibitor insecticide (Fonofos) with suicidal intent became progressively comatose and finally suffered respiratory arrest. Tracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, vigorous gastric lavage and intravenous administration of atropine and obidoxime brought about complete clinical recovery within 24 hours of ingestion of this potentially fatal dose of Fonofos.